1. Select the dashboard from the left navigation bar for which you want to schedule an automated email alert.
2. Click on the three, vertical dots in the upper right corner, directly to the right of the filters icon.
3. Select Schedule delivery from the dropdown of options.
4. Edit the name of your email alert. The name you choose will be the subject line of your scheduled emails. The email alert name will default to being the name of the dashboard.
5. Select the frequency and timing of your scheduled email alert using the Recurrence and Time drop-downs. Time options are shown using the 24-hour clock (commonly referred to as Military Time in the U.S.). Note that you will be able to choose your timezone under Advanced options, which will be covered in step #11. The default timezone is Eastern Standard Time.
6. Enter the email addresses for all recipients of the scheduled email alert. Hit the Enter key after each email address you have typed in order to submit them.
7. Select the format in which Looker will email the data from the dashboard. Options are CSV zip file (data will be exported into a CSV file, zipped, and the zipped folder will be attached to the schedule email), PDF (dashboard will be printed to PDF) and attached to the scheduled email, or PNG visualization (screenshot of entire dashboard will be saved as PNG file and attached to the scheduled email).
8. Click on the Filters menu and add any filters that you would like applied when generating the scheduled email alert. Note that the filters will default to being the standard filters for the dashboard. Filters you have manually updated applied to the dashboard will not automatically be applied to your scheduled email alert. You will need to apply the filters within this menu, just as you would on the dashboard.
9. Click on the Advanced options menu.
10. We recommend adding a note within the Custom Message box that describes where the email alert was generated since some of your email recipients may not have access to the Fairmarkit platform or to Analytics within Fairmarkit.
11. Use the Delivery timezone menu to select a different timezone from “America - New York” (Eastern Time Zone), which is the default. Selecting a different timezone will not change the time you chose from the Time menu in step #5.
12. While this step is optional, we do recommend clicking the Test now button in the lower left corner to generate a test email for your review. The email should appear in the email recipients’ mailboxes within 2 minutes.
13. After reviewing the test email and making any necessary changes, click the blue Save button in the lower right corner.
14. The below screen will appear immediately after clicking the Save button. If you would like to create another scheduled email alert from the same dashboard, then select the New button from the lower left corner. If you have completed creating scheduled emails from this dashboard, then select the blue Done button from the lower right corner.
15. To edit, duplicate, or delete the scheduled email alert, click the three, vertical dots to the left of the Send now button and then select the appropriate option from the dropdown. You’ll need to click the blue Save button to save any edits you make.
16. In the future, you can edit, duplicate, or delete your scheduled email alerts by repeating steps #1-3 to open the list of scheduled email alerts for that dashboard, and then following step #15 to process any edits, duplications, or deletions.